Mac sonoma - calc 7.5.9.2 - mouse inoperable after saving doc

After saving a calc doc, my bluetooth mouse and trackpad becomes frozen, inoperable. Arrow keys, and other keyboard keys still work. I have to save the doc a few times before getting the mouse/trackpad to work again. It started with the previous calc version I was using before installing the latest stable version 7.5.9.2.

Then it seems as a hardware or driver problem.

If @Zizi64’s idea didn’t lead you to a solution, please post the version details available using the copy button under Help>About. This community isn’t here to diagnose a mouse problem, but it is curious and pertinent to know why saving a Calc doc would trigger the issue. Are you using multiple displays, or do you ever on that machine?

Please file a report on the LibreOffice bugzilla. It may already have been reported by someone else, so do a search first, and if you find something that looks identical or similar, you can add your own information to it.

LibreOffice on macOS suffers from VCL scheduling issues, which manifest themselves in strange ways, so annoying behaviour like the one described by OP is not unusual. Some of these issues are also still Skia related. These tend to occur when a refresh of the LO UI is triggered, such as on saving, or switching contexts, eg. between documents, workspaces, etc.

I have the exact same problem in LibreOffice Writer documents, the same symptoms, and the same need to save the document several times before the use of the trackpad returns. It happens with my MacBook Pro built in trackpad and for any external mouse I use, Bluetooth, etc. It started back about the same time and does not matter what subsequent version of LibreOffice, either stable or otherwise I use.

I am on an M1 Mac and am now up to Sonoma 14.4.1, but this was true on the OS version that was out in December. I am now on LibreOffice 7.6.6.3, but it was true on the version you are on.

I have tried everything, including a clean install of the OS, etc., but nothing works. I probably lose at least an hour in total in a business day having to wait for the freezes that occur continuously to end and may have to soon make a switch to something else if this can’t solved.

Without a bug report it might not get fixed, see How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

Thanks. I tried that but unfortunately it did not work.

Thanks. Posted several days ago but no interest yet.

Could you please post the bug report number here in the for others to follow. It will make an automatic link if you add the prefix as sample here tdf#1234567

It would help if you posted the bug report number, so that I can check whether it corresponds to something already reported, and/or can compare it to behaviour which sounds similar to what I’m experiencing with Draw, and which is driving me nuts.

I think this bug is the fix, there are a lot of duplicates listed for it. Fixed for 7.6.5 and 24.2.0.2.

Bug 155266 - VIEWING / SCROLLING: very laggy jerky scrolling on macOS Intel Writer: scroll lag

The bug report is tdf#160767. I asked if george could try 24.2.