- I am running Mac OS X 10.9.4 in
- I have installed the 64 bit
version of JDK and am running version
8 update 11.
- I have verified this by typing
java -d64 -version and java -d32
-version in Terminal
- My JDK is installed to /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_11.jdk
- I have installed LibreOffice Version:
184.108.40.206 Build ID: 61cb170a04bb1f12e77c884eab9192be736ec5f5
In LibreOffice’s Preference’s menu’s advanced section, I am trying to add a Java runtime environment. None is detected by default. However, I’m not sure what folder I should be adding and every folder that I try to add has given me an error message. Any help would be appreciated.
Examples of paths that I have tried:
My desire for getting LibreOffice to recognize Java is so that I can run some macro’s in a Calc Spreadsheet.
Despite getting LibreOffice to recognize Java 8’s runtime environment, trying to run the macro in a Calc Spreadsheet this time prompted me with a new dialog box from Apple saying that Jave SE 6 was required to run the macros.