Make an object always visible and snap to the grid when being moved in Draw

Sometimes in Draw when I start to move an object (e.g. rectangle) a semi-transparent copy of it appears, showing it in its new position as I drag it, and it snaps to the grid. Other times the cursor has a small rectangle at the bottom, but no copy is shown as it is dragged, and it does not snap to the grid. In the former case the action is shown as “Move Shape” in Edit/Undo, and in the latter as “Drag-and-Drop Shape”. I think it does a “Drag-and-Drop” rather than a “Move” if I don’t start dragging it immediately after pressing the mouse down, or within a few hundred milliseconds.

How do I make an object always visible and snap to the grid when being moved? Without this behaviour it’s almost impossible to re-position objects accurately on the grid. Unfortunately I tend to hesitate when trying to align objects carefully.

Is there a control key combination that can be used to force it to treat the action as a “Move” rather than a “Drag-and-Drop”. Alternatively is there a way to increase the delay before it is treated as a “Drag-and-Drop”, or turn that off completely. What is the difference between “Move” and “Drag-and-Drop” when trying to move an object within a page, does the latter have any advantages?

This is in LibreOffice 6.2.2.2 (x64) running in Windows 7.

Drag-and-Drop uses internally the clipboard. Drag-and-Drop makes it possible to move or to copy an object from one slide or page to another with different documents, it allows to add an object to the gallery and it allows to change the layer of an object by dragging the object onto the layer-tab in Draw.

Sorry if the part of my question about Drag-and-Drop wasn’t clear, but I was talking about dragging an object within the page to move it’s position, it just seems to cause problems in this context. I have edited the question to clarify.