Make LibreOffice remember last default location?

Is there a way to force LibreOffice applications to recall the last ‘save location’ when the ‘save as’ dialog is called up? I know in ‘options’ that you can change the default save location for each application. But it would be very convenient and in keeping with a lot of the other software that I use if LibreOffice could recall the last location I saved to.

E.g. for a recent report, I created several diagrams in Draw. It is really frustrating each time I save a diagram to have to navigate to the desired directory. It seems an unsatisfactory solution to have to change the default save location for each project or group of related tasks that I might be working on.

I have the same question or at least of the same nature. I want to be able to open a file with writer and save it using Save as… with a different name in the same folder I opened it inittialy from.

E.g.
A text file in D:\Documents\2014\August\a\b\c\d\e\f\g… etc
I open this file make changes to it and then I want to save it with different name in this same folder without navigating back to it.

If I am not mistaken the last cursor location: Tools > Options > Load/Save > General > check Load user-specific settings with the document will be enabled with this setting.

However in v 4.3 there is a bug and this function is not (yet) available.

I am using Version: 6.0.5.2 (Build ID: 1:6.0.5~rc2-0ubuntu0.17.10.1~lo1) and it’s still doesn’t seem to work :frowning:

This isn’t working in 6.1.0.3 either. Was working (is part of my workflow) up to maybe 2 months ago (and as I use Tumbleweed, this ties in with the version reported in the last comment)

LO 6.1.2.1 - German Version
Still not fixed. Very sad.
Check this link: I think thats the problem
link text

Actually, if you deselect “Load user-specific settings with the document” it will default to your last save location.