Make menus scrollable

When an LO window (7.6.2.1 win 10) is resized and near the bottom of the screen a long menu eg writer insert menu, is cut off at the bottom. It would help if the menu could be scrolled with the mouse wheel so that any option may be chosen without having to resize or reposition the window.
Gary

Do you mean the menu is clipped to window? In my Linux configuration, any menu uses what is available in the screen; It lives on its own and is not clipped by the owning window. This may be an error but is very handy.

PS: you tagged base; does this happen only with the database frontend Base? and since there is basic, when you’re executing some Basic macro?

It’s clipped at the bottom of the screen. Or rather in my case to the top of the task bar which I like to keep permanently at the bottom of the screen. If the menu is longer than the available height (when the window height is reduced) some options can’t be selected as there doesn’t seem to be a way to scroll down to them. The only way to do this is to close the menu and reposition the window or go full screen but that’s tedious. If I resize and reposition the window it’s for a reason and its not good to have to move it around and back again when I want to access a particular menu option.
Sorry if I clicked base, I meant to click common tag. I’m using a phone with a touchscreen and I guess I hit the wrong one by mistake.
I suspect its common to all, I mainly use writer and sometimes calc and it applies to both of those.

Please report a bug, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

I removed the irrelevant tags for you. That’s easy but other corrections can be done only by the post owner.