Manage Styles Toolbar Not Visible.

Entering “F11” to access the “Manage Styles” toolbar (“MST”), nothing is visible.

Making The MST visible requires the toolbar layout to be changed. Meaning, View => Toolbar Layout, then select either of the available layouts not already selected. The available selections are 1) Default, 2) Single toolbar, or 3) sidebar. It does not matter which one is selected as long as a new layout is selected, then the MST appears…everywhere.

Once an unselected toolbar layout is selected the toolbar will appear. However, it will also open for every other instance of LibreOffice opened at the time which, in my case, maybe ten to fifteen separate worksheets. They all have the MST appear. That would be fine if they would all close together when the MST is closed, but no. Each instance of the MST must be closed individually. So that is mass opening coupled with individual closing. Things were not always this way.

In summary, there two issues.

1. Have the MST appear when called with “F11”; and
  2. Mass opening of the MST yet requiring individual closing.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

LibreOffice, Version: 6.0.7.3

Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) / LinuxMint 19, Tara

Display manager: lightdm 1.26.0

If this is a bug report, you should file it on Bugzilla. Here on this page, where users help other users, it can only be information.

How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice.

This “question” sounds like you want get developers aware of some misbehavior? If that’s correct you need to create a bug report/enhancement request here

Anyway - regarding:

1. Have the MST appear when called with “F11”

Styles toolbar appears on key F11 on my openSUSE 15.2 KDE based system using LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 and no shortcut F11 assigned on the operating system/Window manager level. If I assign F11 on KDE level to some other functionality, this won’t happen any longer, since F11 won’t be passed to LibreOffice.

Please provide your LibreOffice version, your operating system (and your display manager in case of using any GNU/Linux distribution).

Thank you for the rapid replies. The post has been edited to include the system information requested.

Is this a bug report? No. I am curious to know if others are experiencing this problem and if so, if there are any known
work-arounds. If it is widespread and there are no user-fixes, than it could be a bug. We shall see.

There is no operating-system assignment of a shortcut to F11. The MST is called by F11, but it
only becomes visible when the toolbar layout is changed. And then, it is visible in every instance of Calc running at the
time.

Just tested F11 on Ubuntu 18.04 and LibreOffice, Version: 6.0.7.3 (using GNOME) and that works as it is supposed to work (starting Styles Manager).

However, it will also open for every other instance of LibreOffice opened at the time which, in my case, maybe ten to fifteen separate worksheets.

This doesn’t also happen on my system.F11 opend only within the document windows being active at pressing F11.

Have you ever tried, what happens, if running in LibreOffice **Safe Mode** (`Help -> Restart in Safe Mode...`)?