May I downgrade LibreOffice

I need to undo update.

1. List item I rarely use a word processor, but depend on LibreOffice (LO) when I do.

2. List item I noted a update was ready so I let it through.

3. List item Today, when I tried to start any part of LO, nothing would load - no explanation, no errors noted, nothing hiding in processes.

4. List item I began my search of the Internet. I’m told it boils down to needing a
    Windows 7 (KB3063858) .

5. List item Links provided here go to a dead end and one is blocked because of a Google stalker. I Went to Microsoft (MS) the old way and and after much and poking found it. MS has 4 links to the one file - none of them are any good making the links to it here obsolete.

6. List item The one I managed to squeeze out of MS, saved and ran it. MS snooped through my desktop for almost 3 minutes then said it’s not for my Win 7.

7. List item By this time my ire was very irked. Now,
    last resort is to downgrade LO.

My version of LO right now is 24.2. I would like to go backwards about a year if possible.
I’m sure instructions are out there Byteland but I couldn’t find it.

I really do appreciate any help to downgrade.

~r

1. Go to the download site Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft
  2. Scroll down
  3. Find the link Older versions of LibreOffice (no longer updated!) are available in the archive
2 Likes

I think Windows 7 SP1 with KB3063858 update has been a requirement for a while, probably even for your previous version.

Have you tried loading LibreOffice in safe mode, start menu - programs - LibreOffice 24.2 - LibreOffice (safe mode)? If it works then probably you need to disable Skia out force Skia software rendering.

Can you try starting on safe mode and report back here?

:sob: I just finished uninstalling 24.X.X. and installed 7.6 and it opens OK.
I rarely use Win 7, but it is my Windows favourite go to.
I have and use LO on PureOS, PopOS, and Ubuntu. I’m making the switch to Linux based OS’s. and keep Win 7 for other tools I use.

The link from LO to is OK but Microsoft’s link leads to a error 404. Their site has a lot of bad links.

I checked Installed Updates via Control panel and search didn’t find “KB3063858” update plus manually looked for it twice so things seem to run OK without it.
All is well.

Thanks,
~r