Messed up currency indentation in Calc after update

I noticed an issue after updating to v24.2.1.2 on Windows 11.

In a sheet in which cells are mainly set as currency, the currency symbol (which was previously fully indented to the far left of the cell) was now indented so much that it moves to the adjacent cell.

The only way to fix this was to re-format each cell (as currency still). This moved the currency symbol together with the value.

PS. as a new user I can only upload one image, so the one on the left is what I was encountered with after the update, the one on the right is after re-setting the format to currency.
PS. values are different (this has nothing to do with the issue, they are from a different sheet).

The format code of the cell pre re-formatting is:
_-[$€-2] * #,##0.00_-;-[$€-2] * #,##0.00_-;_-[$€-2] * -??_-;_-@_-

The format code of the cell post re-formatting is:
[$€-43A]#,##0.00;[RED]-[$€-43A]#,##0.00

It seems like the update changed the formatting, and also added the “red” formatting, even if unwanted.

I also tried to change the format code to the below, but this still pushed the currency symbol way offset onto the adjacent cell:
[$€-43A]* #,##0.00;[RED]-[$€-43A]* #,##0.00

I wonder if there’s anything I can do, or maybe submission of a bug, before reverting back to an older version (which I’m not sure it will fix anything)?

Please submit a bug, this is also reproducible in 24.2.2.0.0+ on Linux with any left aligned character or currency symbol (as you noticed with [$€-43A]* #,##0.00) if the column width is wider than the default width (apparently).

Not related, but why even [$€-2] ? What gave you the idea to use 2 there? The number following the hyphen in that currency symbol designation is the hex value of the corresponding MS LangID, there is no valid 0x0002 value (and if you look carefully in the number format dialog, the currency listbox displays an empty entry for that format). As can be seen in your newly applied format there’s [$€-43A] with 43A for Maltese (Malta) {mt-MT}. And the [RED] is probably there because you just applied the default currency format.

Thanks for confirming.

To be honest I never modified the format code before, so the pre re-formatting format code is whatever was set by the system before (if it was changed post update, I don’t know).

Bug was submitted as tdf#160002, thanks.

1 Like