Missing button after saving

I am just switching from Windows to Linux and chose Mint. I love the feel of Libreoffice but have an issue with an excel (2019) file with macros and a password.

The file opens fine, and the macros also run fine. The problem is that after saving to .xlsm format (original format) and after reopening (no matter if with Libreoffice or MS Office) the two buttons are gone.

If I save the file in .ods the functionality stays (file loses password protection) but then Excel does not see them…

I saw this topic…

is that the final answer?

All these are half measures: it works here, it does not work there, or like yours. For reliability, you still need to switch to the ODS format. This will delete the entire VBA project. Make a copy of the original file. It will take time to convert the code.

Yeah, that seems to be the way. I actually am running a VM with Windows and Office to get around it at the moment but will try to convert code in the future.

I just have 2 buttons - one adding new row with formulas from above and one removing selected row so I’ll have to see how to achieve that using libre office built in functionality. Hope to the get rid of Microsoft all together

@WTF: Well, you think right. These two buttons are really useful: AddNew & DeleteCurrent. Moreover, AddNew should transfer formulas from the above record.