Missing "i" with font "Yanonone Kaffeesatz"

When I try to print or export a writer file to PDF with the font Yanone Kaffeesatz (http://www.yanone.de/typedesign/kaffeesatz/) the i’s and ä’s (german) are missing.

I’m using LibO 3.5.0 with Ubuntu 11.10 64bit.

The strange thing is that a friend had about the same problem with the newest version of Open Office on a Windows machine. It seems to be a problem with the font.

EDIT: The easiest way is sometimes the best. I reinstalled the TTF’s and now it is working. Thanks for your help, guys.

No problem with either of the two variants (TrueType and OpenType) of the fonts on linux, see attachment (PDF not in allowed attachments list, so screenshot only).
Both PDFs were created with LibreOffice 3.5.0 on linux 64bit (Mageia).
Yanone Font in exported PDF - no problems with Umlauts or i

So either the fonts are not installed correctly, or there is a problem outside of LibreOffice impacting the export. Please file a bug in launchpad (if you’re using the version of LO provided by Ubuntu) and attach the sample document and the export-to-pdf result.

You should inform the one who’s providing the font. LibreOffice can’t do anything if the font is broken.

Using the Opentype version of Yanone Kaffeesatz Regular with LO 3.5.0 under Win XP produced a perfect PDF with all is and äs.

Try using the same text in another program and creating a PDF. If there are no errors then it is a LO bug under Linux and not a font problem. If the same letters are missing then it is a font problem.

Please report back

It is not working with either of the LO programs. ‘Print to PDF’ in GIMP is working. ‘Save as PDF’ in Inkscape has the same problem as LO. Seems to be a font problem then.

Try the following: when exporting to PDF check the General PDF/A-1a option. This ensures that the font is embedded in the PDF and might solve your problem.

Does not solve the problem.