Mouse cursor stuck as bucket in LibreOffice Draw

I am using Draw to edit a multi-page PDF document. I selected an image and deleted it, so I’m very sure Draw is capable of doing this. But I must have clicked something, and now my mouse cursor is stuck as the bucket fill tool.

I can’t use it to fill in anything because I can’t select anything now. I try to select the selecting tool on the left toolbar, and it says I’m using it, but I’m still stuck with the bucket tool. I can’t select any other tool except the rectangular and circular tool. Although the cursor remains a bucket, I can actually make rectangular and circular shapes. I can select these shapes, and delete them, but I still can’t select anything else.

An old question that I thought was similar to mine said to press Esc. I have tried, but I’m still stuck with the bucket.

Hi

Esc would do the job for example in Writer. With Draw you have to click on the tool in the SidebarStyles & Formatting pane

Regards

I too am experiencing the problem of being stuck with the bucket fill tool - Esc does not work. No effect from Sidebar → Styles & Formatting. I can choose some other tools but fill can still stuck.

I just upgraded to version 6.03, problem went away.

I just upgraded to 7.4.5.2.

The cursor looks like an emptying bucket. I’ve never seen such before?

My calc session, adding data to an long-time existing file, is locked up.

Side Panel? Is this something on the right?

I just now noticed, and tried, the ESC-key suggestion. My calc session seems all better now. Thank You All!

You must have clicked, or double-clicked, the Clone Formatting tool (Format > Clone Formatting, looks like a paintbrush probably).

I had the same problem with Impress.

In the top right corner of the sidebar click on the Sidebar Settings → Undock or just drag the sidebar to the left by selecting the sidebar title.

Once the sidebar is undocked close the sidebar window.

You can restore the sidebar by clicking on View → Sidebar

May 30, 2023: Windows 10 on a Desktop computer with LO 7.5.3.2.
I had the same problem with the mouse cursor being stuck as a bucket.
My solution was undocking the side panel and closing the side panel completely and I got back to the normal cursor.

JUST IN CASE OF IMPRESS

Just go to the sidebar
click on the Fill Format Mode
This fixed my problem … I hope it helps you! :slight_smile:

I fixed this by (also see image below)

1. Clicking “show draw functions”,
  2. then adding a rectangle,
  3. Opening the sidebar (F11), and then clicking the styles tab
  4. Deselecting the Fill Format Mode

After that i could remove the square and use Impress normally