My first post was intended to be comment on closed thread

I just wanted to offer an update to “can't open libre office in windows 10 creators update - #2 by mikekaganski” but I noticed that the thread has been closed.

I updated to LO 7.4.0.3 this morning. I’m running Win10
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎8/‎27/‎2021
OS build 19044.1889
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

After installation, I found that I too had NO activity at all upon selecting links on the desktop or the start menu (including Safe Mode). I checked the Task Manager, but no results were evident. However, I cleaned my cache and history and the .PPTX and .DOCX files that I had used to attempt to “pull” it open DID show up in my “recent files” folder (although I never saw them).

GOOD NEWS: I opened Control Panel / Programs and Features / LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 / Repair. It worked like a charm. After running for approx. 15 minutes, I clicked on the files again and LibreOffice ran as it had before. This is my THANK YOU note to all you developers out there who have worked so tirelessly to provide our community with such a quality product. Keep up the great work! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to Ask.LibreOffice.

This page is put together for Windows users and might help in case there is a “next time”, General Installation Issues (Windows) - The Document Foundation Wiki

Thanks for your feedback and follow-up on an old question (2017). But, please, follow the rules of this site. Tagging questions is not obvious but they allow to characterize the broad field of your concern. base marks up your question as being related to database interface. The initial question was common, i.e. addressing Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Base and Math.
Please, edit the tags.