My master document does not parses a sub master document

Context information:

1. LibreOffice 4.4.1.1, Portuguese (also Spanish, German and English GB), Writer
  2. Debian Testing, Portuguese

My problem:

I have a fairly complex master document that unifies several other documents and master documents.
It’s basic structure is something like this:

• everything (master document)
    • introduction (writer document)
    • other stuff (writer document)
    • chapters (master document)
      • chapter 1 (master document)
        • chapter 1 theme (writer document)
        • chapter 1 development (writer document)
      • chapter N (master document)
        • chapter N theme (writer document)
        • chapter N development (writer document)
    • conclusion (writer document)
    • index

Regardless of “why” did I created such a document, this structure was working very well.
However, when I upgraded my LibreOffice to 4.4.1.2 the document stopped to work properly, specifically, LibreOffice says that it cannot find the .odm files inside the parent master document, but if I try to edit one of them it opens it without a problem:

• everything (master document) → Opens, does not show sub documents of type .odm
    • chapters (master document) → appears on the list of sub-documents, is not found by the parent master document, but right-click->Edit opens it
      • chapter 1 (master document) → appears on the list of sub-documents, is not found by the parent master document, but right-click->Edit opens it
        • chapter 1 theme (writer document)
        • chapter 1 development (writer document)
          […]

Do I need to do any further configuration of LibreOffice?
Have anyone seen something like this?

How did you insert the section link to a sub-master in each master? Sounds like a regression in behaviour on the face of it.

When the master document was created, I simply inserted an existing .odm file into it. Whoever right now, my LibreOffice does not do that. If I try to insert a .odm file into a master document it allows me to select it, but then it does no action at all, not even throws an warning stating some type of error occurred.

Ok. That explains what I am seeing under v4.2. I have now tested behaviour under versions: 3.3.41, 3.4.6.2, 3.5.7.2, 3.6.7.2, 4.0.6.2, 4.1.6.2, 4.2.8.2, 4.3.5.2, and 4.4.1.2. Only the 3.6, 4.0, and 4.1 series allow insertion of an ODM into an ODM. It would be worth raising a bug report to get the behaviour clarified.

I have raised a bug report on this matter: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=90232
Hope that the developing teams can shed some light onto this.