My text document has recently stopped displaying photo image inserts.

The photo/image still prints out OK but it is so frustrating that I can’t see it on my computer display. I have a Toshiba which is fairly old now, can it be due to out of date drivers? I don’t really know what I am talking about but am desperate to put it right. I am on Windows 10 and use google chrome. I am afraid I can’t get along with Microsoft edge as I am now 80 and have used google chrome for as long as I can remember and don’t want to change but am beginning to think I might have to bight the bullet and get a new computer. Please help. If I haven’t given you enough information please tell me how I can help, with instructions if it’s anything technical. I have been happily using Libre Office since 2013 and this is the first time I have not been able to solve the problem. Sorry I don’t know what a Tag is so have made one up in the hope that you will accept it in the requited field.

(retagged by ajlittoz)

Hello,

if you see a frame with a text instead of the real image/photo - similar to this:

image description

then check option View -> [x] Images and Charts

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the latest version (before I found ask.Libreoffice.org) in the hope that it would solve the problem but it did not. I followed your instructions but my Toolbar did not have “Images and Charts” under the “View” tab but after scrolling down and up a couple of times I noticed that “Gallery” had a logo similar to the one in your reply which illustrated the problem exactly. Clicking on “Gallery” immediately solved the problem. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I thought I would add this extra information for anyone else who is tying to solve the problem and has the same toolbar as me.