Navigator default position obscures menus after latest update. Is this a bug?

After the latest update, if Navigator pane is open, its default position is at top left of screen, where it obscures the menu bars. Moving it does not solve the problem, as if I change windows it is back at top left of screen when I return to the window. I don’t want to dock it, I want it to do what it did before, which was to remember its last position and size on screen. Is this a bug, and should I report it accordingly?

Your question has not been answered. I have the same problem. I use version 7.3.0.3. I use navigator for my master documents. I have to move the navigator every time I return to the master document. Very annoying. In previous versions of libre office the navigator stayed where I placed it.

Behaviour of floating toolbars is different in 7.3.1.3 compared to 7.2.6.2 on my computer.
You need to submit a bug report, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki and report back the number here (in the form tdf#12345 )

I filed bug report:
tdf#148456

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do that. Chris

Great. I read this after replying to your first message! I’ll do the same.

Navigator window bug submitted.

tdf#148498.

I have tested this problem on five different machines running either Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04, and 18.04, or Arch Linux. The problem appears to be peculiar to Ubuntu, and only with later versions of Libre Office. The problem does not happen in my Arch machine with the latest Libre Office, or in Ubuntu machines with older versions of Libre Office.

1 Like

Is this a bug…

I don’t think so.

Have you already entered your personal data?

Personal Data in LibreOffice

I entered basic name details when I found that was how to get the cursor to appear at the last edit point in a document. I went back and checked the details were still there, and added a title just in case, to refresh that data.
I have looked through the various Settings and Preferences, and can’t find any option that looks relevant.
Writer now opens a new blank document by default, when it used to go straight to the screen showing recently edited documents.

If you launch Writer, this is the expected behaviour. To get the “start-up center” (where most recently edited documents are shown as thumbnails), launch LibreOffice without requesting a specific component (Writer, Calc, Draw, …). You didn’t mention your OS. Method varies accordingly. Usually, you modify the command associated with the launcher icon. The command should read something like soffice.

Thanks. That makes sense. I’ll try docking the start icon for Libre Office, rather than Writer, in the task bar. That way, when I open it I should get the Start-Up Centre.