Need help Copying Pasting Web Links in Writer

I am running LibreOffice 4.1.4.2. I have a standard document that I copy and past the contents into Lotus Notes to create a note to send. Imbedded in the document is a web link I also want to send. If I try to copy and paste the contents of the document to the note everything comes over except the web link. I have tried both .doc and .odt formats and copy/pasting normal and special. Nothing works. I can open the same documents (the .doc ones) from Word (2003) and do not have any problems.

Is there a security (or other) setting in LibreOffice I need to set so I can copy and past the link successfully. I seem to be able to do it between Writer documents so it may be unique to Notes. But again, I can successfully do the same copy/past from Word.

Can you choose the format (being in Lotus Notes) while pasting to Lotus Notes? If yes, what formats do you see, when you try to paste the text copied from Writer?

Are other formatting like bold, italic, or color persevered when copy and paste the text?