Need help with LibreOffice Writer formatting issue? [spacing between columns, table spanning across columns]

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There are 2 questions here: column spacing and column insertion. It is preferable to limit topic to a single question at a time.

Please, reopen your question (click on below it then on the "pencil’ icon) to mention OS name, LO version (all 4 numbers or, better, paste the result of Help>About LO) and attach a sample file.

How did you set multi-column mode? In the page style or did you insert a section to change “temporarily” the number of columns.

The issue with the table is related with the answer. A table is “jailed” inside the limits of a column. Escape from it has different solution according on how 2-column mode was created, but one of them requires some skill (use of a frame).

Are you familiar with styles?

Better to use Page Style dialogue of which Columns is just one tab but it is still the same adjustment, Spacing is adjustable to 0.01 cm so I don’t quite understand why you cannot make a width to suit. Leave AutoWidth ticked unless you want columns or spacing of different measurements.

You could insert a frame that spans the page and insert a table in that. The disadvantage is that if the table is correctly located for the first column, the other columns will have the table going through them although the table has already been dealt with earlier.

It might suit your use better to use a single column page but insert sections with more columns. Sections are self balancing. Click Insert > Section and in the Columns tab, choose the number of columns and spacing. To edit it later, right click inside the section and select Edit section.
TableAcrossColumns.odt (47.4 KB)

Hello there,

Please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Please don’t use Suggest a Solution for a comment but click on the comment bubble of another post that you wish to reply to.