Need logo in header of first page in Calc

I need to put a logo in the header of the first page of a Calc document. I have tried MANY times.

The best thing I came up with is putting it in the “background” of the header, but

*Sizing it is impossible. Specifying the size or scaling it does absolutely nothing. It only changes in the preview. There is no change at all in the actual document. In fact, when I go back to edit it again, the settings weren’t saved, they are the same as before. It’s like it doesn’t work at all.

• The image turns out to be a low res ***** looking logo that is the wrong size.

I have searched and found several posts regarding this issue, some are several years old, and nothing has been done about it. Here are acouple:

[how do i insert a logo at the top of a business letter? - #5 by ajlittoz]

[How to insert logo on header in Libre office calc]

I am using:

LO v7.4.1.2
Windows 10

I am trying Libre because I want to get away from Microsoft (and other huge companies). They are pushing everybody to the “cloud”.

So far, I like Libre Calc, but I really do need to present a decent looking document my logo. If I can’t do that, it is useless to me.

Yes, I know all that. It doesn’t work. As I stated, it can’t be resized. (Please read above)

Add to that, the logo is not only mis-sized but a low-res terrible looking image.

Also, it is a 'backgorund" and not really part of the content of the header. If I choose to see the header just on the first page, the logo still shows up on all pages.

That’s the latest version, meant primarily for people who want to experiment with the newest features and don’t mind a bug or two. Not recommended for business users like you.

For the rest, Calc is, like MS Excel, primarily a tool for making calculations, not a page lay-out app. If you want your letter to look better, you may want to do it in Writer, where you can import the Calc data: copy the cells that you need and paste them in Writer. You may want to experiment a little: just pasting will insert part of a spreadsheet that you can edit as if it were in Calc, but with little possibilities for formatting, or paste as unformatted text and apply all formatting that you want.