Need to remove spellcheck & grammarcheck for a selection or paragraph

I would like to know if there is a way to remove both the spellcheck & grammarcheck for a selection or paragraph.
I know you can go Tools - Language - For Selection - None but this only removes the spellcheck, the blue squiggly lines for grammarcheck still remain.

I mean the only option I can think of would be to run the spell-check on the selection, but what a waste of time

I suppose your paragraph(s) contain(s) specific data unrelated to the current human language language like programming example, proper names or product trade marks. In this case, the paragraph should be typed with a specific paragraph style.

See in the manual or the built-in help how to create one, preferentially derived from the one you use to format the paragraph. Modify this new paragraph style: in the Fonts tab, set Language to None from the drop-down menu. Click OK.

Whenever you want to type paragraphs which must not be spell or grammar checked, give them this paragraph style.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark :heavy_check_mark: to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. If this resolves your problem, close the question, that will help other people with the same question.

Its a nice suggestion that would work for some people, but the problem is that I’d have to remember to change styles before I started typing (which I know I’m not going to be able to do).

BTW I tried to upvote you but this is the 1st time I used this website so I don’t have enough points

Styling is the normal way of using Writer. Contrary to what you fear, it happens to be very convenient and easy to use and avoids many difficulties inherent to manual formatting. The access learning time is not that heavy and proves very beneficial afterwards.

Since asking this question I’ve actually realised the blue squiggly lines go away after you’ve closed & reopened the document.

This is something I suppose I can live with. However I filed a bug report & marked it as trivial. Here is the link for anyone interested in this issue. https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113043