New install of 7.6.6.3 on Win 11x64 immediately terminates

Setting up new Win 11x64 laptop. downloaded 7.6.6.3 x64 community windows installer and ran install. Program appears to have installed but when using shortcut I get the splash screen and a window opens for about a second, but then terminates. I can open in safe mode and tried all the reset options but same result; immediate exit but safe mode works. Did a full uninstall and reinstall, no change. Any other ideas?

It might be that the graphics card doesn’t work well with Skia. Go back to the Safe Mode dialoge and under Configure tick the box Disable hardware acceleration (OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan) and then click Apply changes and restart.

If LibreOffice opens OK on restart then click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and, under Graphics Output, tick the box Force Skia software rendering and allow LibreOffice to restart again.

If it restarts OK you’re done. If it doesn’t, then try unticking Use Skia for all rendering but this is unlikely to be needed.

There is a possibility that an anti virus program might be preventing LibreOffice from starting so you could add C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.bin to its allowed list

BTW The tag "base’ refers to the database component, could you please change the tag to “common”?

Thanks. I did some reading, saw that uninstall left the appdata behind so I blew that away and reinstalled. Same thing. Note this computer (Asus Zenbook) has only been up for about 8 hours. Haven’t done any but minimal tweaking so far. I did go through the usual slew of update/restart cycles Only security stuff is default Windows firewall/defender. Haven’t touched that at all. I did go into the event viewer and saw that it was logging appcrash soffice.bin in ucrtbase.bin. Not sure how you build libreoffice for Win x64 assume on VS 2022.

I went back into safe mode and did check the “disable hardware acceleration”, applied and re-opened libreoffice and for the first time it came up and didn’t crash. Looking at the option you referenced I see that “force skai software rendering for all” was checked. So I guess using software rendering only is a valid solution and you can close this. But considering this is a brand new system (though I’m not sure at this point what “value added” ASUS is dong on the Intel integrated graphics (“Arc”)) seems like Libreoffice devs should take an issue that “skia” (I admit first I have ever heard of Skia) is faulting on current systems.

Anyway thanks again and please close.

I am unsure but I think you ticked the box Force Skia software rendering.
Graphics card drivers are optimised for Windows DirectX, etc, not for other operating systems. LibreOffice is used across other operating systems so alternative graphic libraries are needed that are OS agnostic. Skia attempts to fill this.

You may post a bug report and possibly get your graphics card on the denylist, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki