No bookmark command on insert menu

I just downloaded LibreOffice for the first time. I downloaded version 7.0.0.3 (x86).

I want to add a bookmark to a PDF document. I was able to do so with Adobe Acrobat.

I found instructions at Insert Bookmark - LibreOffice Help about the menu, Insert, and Bookmark command. I also found a good video about the command,

I started the program for the first time. I see LibreOffice Writer in the title bar. I saw that in the video.

I opened the PDF document. In the title bar LibreOffice Writer turned to LibreOffice Draw.

I opened the insert menu. The insert menu did not have a bookmark command.

Also, in the video, a star navigation command appeared on the tool bar. I do not see that command.

Draw can allow some changes to be made in a pdf before it is exported again as pdf. However, it is not a pdf editor; you need to look elsewhere for a pdf editor.

On the other hand, Writer documents exported to pdf can have working bookmarks, jump to footnote, hyperlinks, etc in the exported file. Also, fine control over picture export and various other options. So export from Writer (word processor with DTP functions) to pdf works exceptionally well, but Writer cannot edit pdfs

@EarnestAl, I think this is an answer.

I thought maybe someone would correct me with some manual edit that I hadn’t come across before. I am always trying to learn (sadly, forgetting too).

Draw can allow some changes to be made in a pdf before it is exported again as pdf. However, it is not a pdf editor; you need to look elsewhere for a pdf editor.

On the other hand, Writer documents exported to pdf can have working bookmarks, jump to footnote, hyperlinks, etc in the exported file. Also, fine control over picture export and various other options. So export from Writer (word processor with DTP functions) to pdf works exceptionally well, but Writer cannot edit pdfs.

You can also create a hybrid pdf from a Writer document which can be edited subsequently in Writer to update the contents of the pdf.