no tables shown when MySQL database name contains a period

With a direct MySQL (Native) connection, all of my databases are shown and all are expandable to show their tables EXCEPT for the one database which is named a.b, ie. it has a period in its name. Database a.b does contain tables, but there is no way to display them with LO Base.
If I connect with MySQL (JDBC) instead, then that a.b database is not even shown.

MySQL v8 permits a period in the database name provided that the name is quoted (MySQL uses the backtick for quoting schema object names).

So, is there some LO restriction regarding the use of special characters in MySQL schema object names? Or is there a way to use MySQL quoting when specifying the database name in LO Base?

Hello,

This is more of a database (MySQL) question rather than a LO Base question.

Please refer to your database documentation (you do not mention MySQL version used).

See → 9.2 Schema Object Names (v5.7)

or → 9.2 Schema Object Names (v8.0)

Do not use a period in the database name.

Edit:

MySQL v8 permits a period in the database name provided that the name is quoted (MySQL uses the backtick for quoting schema object names).

Don’t see this currently available in LO. Best to file bug report → Bugzilla

Edit 2:

Still a bug in trying to access tables. However this worked for me with Native and JDBC connector.

Using Tools->SQL:

SELECT * FROM `a.b`.places

displayed the data from the places table. That SQL also worked in the Queries section. Was also able to create a form from that query but initial display did not allow anything but viewing - like there was no primary key.

Edit #3:

Have now tried ODBC and same problem. Can see table name in each connection but structure is incorrect:

image description

However, did try in PostgreSQL and it works there. Only tested with Native connector.