Numbered and completely indented paragraphs

How do I obtain please numbered paragraphs in Writer that are completely indented? All I have been able to get so far are numbered paragraphs where only the first line is indented.

I have tried following advice given here and elsewhere without success. I have tried various options without success.

Please note that I am using LibreOffice version 5.0.3.2 with Linux. Being Linux, I cannot update it to a newer version.

Thanks.

You did not say how you achieved the “first line indent”, but I suspect that you may have pressed number, then tab key. That works as described: No paragraph indent. No automatic “followup” numbering (next paragraph). Everything is manual, using the app in “typewriter mode”.

If you achieved it by other means, please explain what you did, not just what you achieved. If you could also link to advice you followed, which didn’t work, it may help us to clean up the docs so the next user will be better helped.

If I am reading you right, what you ask for can be achieved using the Numbered list tool on the toolbar.

As @keme indicated, you need to use numbered lists. Check this article to understand how list alignment works:

Numbered and bulleted lists alignment on LibreOffice Writer

Please note that I am using LibreOffice version 5.0.3.2 with Linux. Being Linux, I cannot update it to a newer version

What do you mean by that? I’m using Linux (openSUSE Leap 15.1) and I have 6.4.2.2 directly from the update repositories. I know of no recent Linux distributions using such an old version of LibreOffice (even Debian buster comes with 6.1!), and that means you’re using really ancient software. Please, consider upgrading to a new version of your distribution: together with a new LibreOffice version you’ll get security updates!