Numbering of pictures broken

Hi. I’m writing a document which contains many pictures with legends. I need to refer to numbers of pictures in the text.
My problem is that starting from a certain figure (namely, figure 17), numbering is broken, in that:

1. numbering of figures still continues increasing if a add new figures with legends
  2. it is impossible to add a reference to any figure starting from figure number 18.

Any idea to solve or mitigate this bug ?

I doubt that someone could answer this question, unless you provide a test document, where one can see the problem; and also mention your version and OS details. Possibly you have found a bug; then you’d need to create a bug report with all this data there.

The file can be downloaded at the following address:

link text

I’m working with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 8Gb RAM,
Libroffice: Version: 6.1.3.2
Build ID: 1:6.1.3~rc2-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Linux 4.15; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: gtk2;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded

pag. 70 I cannot insert a reference to figure 19 (I have to “hard-write” and upgrade it manually).

I can perfectly insert the reference; I only see that the reference is not “in order” in the list, because the caption for the image (with the numbering range field) isn’t separated from the preceding image using a newline, which makes a space to appear in front of the paragraph, thus making it alphabetically prior other entries.

You are perfectly right. I didn’t notice it. So no bug. Thank you very much!

To make it answered:

The document in question had some image captions (paragraphs with numbering range fields) not separated from the preceding images (anchored as characters). This leads to the captions to have spaces in front of the text, thus making the captions appear at the top of the references list in the dialog. This out-of-order appearance may cause one to overlook the entry while looking for it in expected place.