Office permission

I get this error when I try to open the presentations in pendrive. I am using Ubuntu 13.04.

The application cannot be started.
LibreOffice user installation could not be processed due to missing access rights. Please make sure that you have sufficient access rights for the following location and restart LibreOffice:

/home/prasanthabburi/.config/libreoffice/4

image description

The link to the image does not work. Please load your image file to an image hosting service (for example, imgur.com).

To fix this problem, you need to change the owner and group of /home/your_username/.config/libreoffice/ because the installation set the owner/group to root even though you did not install it under the root user.

To fix, do the following:

1. open terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T)

2. go to the ~/.config folder

cd /home/your_username/.config

3. update the ownership of libreoffice directory and all its subfolders/files to the username for which the config has been installed

sudo chown -R your_username libreoffice

4. do the same for the group

sudo chgrp -R your_username libreoffice

5. restart and you are all set.

After following this solution I get a new warning.

Either another instance of LibreOffice is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user ‘root’ closes LibreOffice on host ‘USERNAME-COMPUTER’.

ahh ?! Did I do something wrong?

A quick Google of that error message indicates that .config/libreoffice/ is likely owned by root:root. Please verify the ownership / privileges for the files / directories in question.