Offline help search not working - en-GB en-US problem

just installed 32 bit and help. had same problem before in 7.3.4. used to work in earlier versions.

press f1 help; (takes a few seconds for page to load.), Edge browser.

type in the index search field, nothing happens.
do backspace to clear the field, now the first page of the list of topics for CALC appears below the search field, they weren’t there before.
can page through them ok.
type in the index search field, still nothing happens.

what is going on? tks.

It works very well for me. (Online- and Offline-Help)

With me:

Version: (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 3c58a8f3a960df8bc8fd77b461821e42c061c5f0
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Firefox browser

The URL of the offline Help on my Win 10 op.sys with my LO 6.1.6 not contain that “&HID=SC_HID_SC_WIN_GRIDWIN” part in Firefox browser:

And the LO Help searching works with Edge (what is not the default browser on my PC) when I have copied the URL from the Firefox to the addressbar of the Edge.

This seems to be something to do with the locale/language etc which i have set to en-GB and en-AU etc and en-GB Is what is in the url when help is launched.
however if i change the url to be en-US then it all starts working much better!
there are folders for both en-gb and en-us under help in the libreoffice folder.

so what might be wrong with the en-gb help? or how can i make it start the en-US help (and keep en-gb locale)?


Did you download the English GB help? It’s is linked from the download page, Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

tks. interesting. i should have checked but i thought i had deleted the install file.

i think i did a ‘check for updates’ and downloaded the latest program and help install files from that page. the help install file i ran is in fact the en-US help. i can only think libreoffice sent me to the wrong download page and i didn’t notice.

the en-GB help i had installed is older, feb 22, so a previous version must have got the help from the correct place while a more recent version is getting it differently. (or i loaded the help separately, i don’t recall).

Also, the old en-gb help doesn’t work properly with the current program.

anyway i have installed the en-gb help and all ok now.

i can’t re-test since if i do check for updates it says i am up to date!