OLE changed to displaying as an icon

I have many Writer documents with embedded Calc spreadsheets. (They are invoices) Until very recently when I finish amending the Calc component and click on the rest of the Writer document the content of the Calc spreadsheet shows. But recently I get an icon instead, which rather defeats the purpose. If I export to PDF the icon is in there too. If I double click the OLE component the Calc spreadsheet opens for editing.

This is on 4.3.7.2 on Centos 6.

If I open the document with a Win 7 install of Libre Office it behaves as previously.

Have I ticked some tick box in my linux install that has caused this - if so where?.. or is this some kind of “undocumented feature???”

Many thanks

Ken

Edited to add: Interestingly if I open a previously OK document it displays correctly. But If I double click the embedded OLE Calc item and close it again it then mutates into an icon.

I’ve also tried deleting the .config/libreoffice folder . No change.

I have exactly the same problem. I also have LO 4.3.7.2 and CentoOS 6. This is driving me nuts. I have been dealing with this issue for 6 months. Once again, I am spending hours spinning my wheels. I have certainly confirmed inumerable times that menu>tools>options>libreoffice writer>view has a checkmark by graphics and objects. Did you find a solution?
thanks
frito bandito