One fetch is not getting all of the data and LO does not give clean splice when appending fetch 2 to fetch 1. Is this a bug or are we always supposed to know the required [fetch limit] to get ALL of the data in one fetch?

Oh…just thought of something…i got a discord server account…easy to transfer it to you that way if you have discord installed?

Don’t even know what that is. So probably wont work.

I’m sure if you tried the unzipping (use a copy) you would see it only takes a few minutes. The copying doesn’t take very long either. Less time than all these messages.
But it is up to you.

i just copied it to a fresh new database file… basically same size…odd

Images embedded in tables? Large memo fields? Have a difficult time with data being that large unless a great deal of data. Had over 80K records for a size like that.

it had stayed remarkably small for a long long time…like 374K…but one day i looked at it and it had gotten really big. Only has 1 png file in it…so that is not the problem. no biggie… here is something odd… all the junk code and unused tables and queries and forms that i deleted to make it smaller… hmmmm, Libre put them all right back in…

What about my earlier suggestions - unzip & remove pictures(this may be best bet) or send in pieces?

my zip utility won’t work anymore unless i send money…
and i only have 1 pic in there…and its smallish less than 400k.
Discord is pretty awesome…and i feel sure they have it running on linux. But there is this other free site i can upload it to for transfer…if i can remember the name…

Something you replied to this guy is also connected to my problem. Since i changed the fetchsize to the rowcount and reload then do last first… that destroys my query contents. So i took off the .last .first part…because hitting the last record just sends it into the weeds for some reason. On a dataset its seems fine but not on a query. But, i’ve never noticed this before and wonder if it only happens on certain types of queries… ???

That is an entirely different situation dealing with SQLite3 database and a multi-field key with one of the fields being potentially and intentionally blank.
Now if you followed along with that, I believe you would agree that this is not part of your design nor the database you are using.

Right…about all of that but the part about the query getting all weird once you hit the final record in the table is the same…the data looks perfect until you scroll or myobj.last to the final record…then it totally messes with all of the records…changes everything…that is happening to mine as well…

Have not seen query do as you state. It is different from the other post. Still waiting for your sample.

I have filed a bug report on this behaviour: [Bug 147730] LO Base does not handle compound primary key if one field is empty ("") SQLite3 / ODBC.

Watch this space (may not be directly helpful, but may yield further clues).

Philip K

1 Like

@ZAX
To initiate PM, go to that users profile and toward upper right corner in summary section there is a blue Message button. Click it.

Hello,

This will get all and set to first record:

Dim oRS_clone As Object
    Dim oForm As Object
    oForm = ThisComponent.Drawpage.Forms.getByName("YOUR_INTERNAL_FORM_NAME")
	oRS_clone  = oForm.createResultSet()
	oRS_clone.Last()

This should be all you need.

Oooops…i gave you credit for the solution…because it seemed it should do the trick. But when i actually tried it…no joy. So for grins i tried it without setting a fetchsize…but that gave 17 duplicates…also, no joy. So maybe…
tmpobj = getObj(“FindQuestionableEntriesDS”,"")
tmpobj.command = mySQLtxt
tmpobj.reload()
tmpobj.fetchsize = tmpobj.rowcount
tmpobj.reload()
’ tmpobj.last 'don’t do this on this query…it really sends the data into the weeds
’ tmpobj.first
WAIT 500
…going to have to make this a standard function for opening anything from now on??? hmmmm…that just seems wrong… I kept in your suggestion of going .last…cuz, like MS Access, LO has this same problem…which is understandable considering the data you are pulling may be coming from half way around the world in many packets with unimaginable retries from a completely different architecture. So, i get it…but can’t help but wonder why the system does not automatically do this .last .first thing for us…

So I would expect this is not the source of you problem. It must be something else in your code. There are no duplicates for me. Same count in table grid, table view and query.
What other code are you using? And while you are at it, what OS, DB & LO version?

Depending on your process, you can create a RowSet in a macro and read all records without concern for fetch.

windows 10, HSQLDB, LO 7.1.8.1 x64

yeah…i’m just groping around in the dark…somehow making this app work. It does pretty well most of the time but just barfs all over itself sometimes. Crashes and losses all with no warning. Maybe i have some variable mismatches or call parameter mismatches… i’ve gone back checking through all of that but sometimes they are hard to see. Sometimes it sets my machine into sleep mode. Once it rebooted my machine. A lot of times it just disappears…it sometimes even disappears but keeps running an orphan process. sometimes when it crashes and seems to go away…i look in the task manager and find 7 or 8 instances of libre office running… Access did stuff like this too.

Using the rowcount to set the fetchsize and then reloading seems to be a decent work around considering there may not be a real solution.

I do not subscribe to that.

If this is not expected then there is something seriously incorrect with the processing.
Can’t help any further without code.