Opening Open Office Database tables in Libre Office

I created some tables and queries several years ago that still work in Open Office. Apache version 4.1.5. I just installed Libre Office (version 7.5.2.2) and when I try to open one of those OO tables I get this: “The connection to the data source “dbname” could not be established. The connection could not be created. Maybe the necessary data provider is not installed”. How do you fix this?
I must confess, I don’t know anything about Java and haven’t installed any Java - directly. If there’s some kind of Java pack I have to install where can I get it?

PS I saw a similar question to this but I didn’t see a final answer.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Alan

1. Which Office on which platform?
    menu:Help>About LibreOffice…
    Click the push button to copy the version info.
    Paste it here in the forum.
  2. Which type of database connection?
    Open your database document and tell us what you can read in the status bar.
    Does it look like this?
    embeddedHSQL_statusbar

Check in OpenOffice the type of the database, shown in the status-bar at the bottom of your Window for the database.
If there is something like “hsql-embedded” you use the default database for OpenOffice and then you have installed java (as this database is written in Java).

Most likely your LibreOffice is installed as 64bit-version. This can not use the same Version as OpenOffice, because OpenOffice on Windows is only available at 32bit and uses 32bit-Java.

Therefore you have two possible solutions: Either you load and install an additional 64-bit-version of Java for LibreOffice and install it, or you could uninstall the 64bit LibreOffice and install the 32bit-version. 32-bit LibreOffice can use the same Java as 32-bit OpenOffice.

PS: If you use Base/Java in professional work, check the license and consider using a “free” version like Adoptium instead

Thanks for your quick response. I’ll look into installing the 64 bit Java option.

I routinely use 64bit LibreOffice (7.4.5.1) and 32 bit OpenOffice (4.1.14) to open the same Embedded databases without a problem on a Windows 10 box.
However, I get the same error message if I try to use LO to connect to an old MSAccess .mdb file.
It seems the 64bit LO no longer supports those connections.
Ratslinger did provide a possible solution, although I’ve not tried it.