Opening screen on Writer Document

Since I only use Writer, is it possible to open LibreOffice on a blank Writer document? (or if necessary, the last document used before closing the program)?

Hello,

yes - if you execute with option --writer

on Windows: "%ProgramFiles%\LibreOffice\program\soffice.exe" --writer (Create a shortcut on your desktop using this command and provide a name - e.g. Writer) - or call Libreoffice Writer from Windows Start menu (you may also pin to taskbar).

on Linux libreoffice --writer (provided libreoffice is withing your PATH environment variable)

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Hey, thanks. Going out now with dog, but will try it and let you know later.

Hi. I easily made a (Windows desktop) shortcut to c/program files\libreoffice\programs\soffice.exe. But found nowhere to put the option “–writer” (without quotes).Rather, I can put this on the shortcut, but Windows is unable to find the original program. (I have two soffice.exe programs, tried both.) No urgent need for help at all, but if you have a more detailed solution, much appreciated. All the best for the holiday weekend.

Aha!!! The answer was not in “soffice.exe” but in “swriter.com”. Maybe we have different versions, but this one worked like a charm. Thanks

harolnick,

You can drag LibreOffice Writer icon from your program list at Home to the start menu (or to your Windows desktop).
Writer shortcut.png

Thanks. That “swriter” command hidden in the Libreoffice program did the trick!