OpenPGP in LO6

Hi,

I just tried the new LibreOffice 6. It’s great but I can’t select an PGP-Key in the preferences. The dropdown is just empty but I have all the gpg-tools installed on my mac. Can anyone help how I can fix this? The help files dont contain anything about it yet.

Thanks

1 Like

I have the same issue. LO6.0.21, GPG Suite 2018.1 both fresh installs running on MOS 10.13.3.

Under Libreoffice > Preferences >
Libreoffice > User Data, OpenPGP signing key and OpenPGP encrypting key both state No key as the only option

Under Libreoffice > File > Digital signatures there are no certificates shown

GPG Suite 2018.1 works seamlessly with Apple Mail following install

So Like Bulldozer, how do I get LibreOffice to detect/see my GPG keys?

Three years later and the feature is still broken – very sad. Any ideas why LO still does not use gpg on osx? Is there a config file where the path can be set manually, couldnt find anything. Or does LO provide logs which tell why it is failing?

1 Like

Hmm, so it works here out of the box with GPGTools - it seems gpgme has some hardcoded path names it checks, and then falls back to looking in $PATH.

What needs to be there is gpgconf, and perhaps also gpg/gpg2 binaries. Which gpg tools do you have installed, and where?

gpg (as link to gpg2), gpg2, gpgme. gpg as gpg should not be used for security reasons. All are in the $PATH variable.

I think gpgme initially looks for gpgconf, and calls that to obtain paths to everything else

Well, thats possible but LibreOffice seems not to work even with gpgme installed. The dropdown fields are still empty.

Same problem on my devices!
Dell Latitude E6430 with Windows 10 Prof 64bit (16299.214)
Lenovo ideapad MixII with Windows 10 64bit Home (16299.214)

Created fresh user account; reinstalled LO 6; reinstalled gpg4win
gpg.conf = present
… \GnuPG\bin = in path

In LO ‘Options/user data/encrytion’ no keys are displayed
In ‘safe’ dialogue’ ‘encrypt with gpgkey’ the list of certificates is empty.

As it looks LO 6 just doesn’t find the user gpg certificates!

As for the moment the “sign with openpgp” feature and “encrypt with openpgp” feature is competely useless

What type of file are you trying to sign? For me it works with odt documents on Debian, but not with docx files (presumably a limitation of this format?)

using odt, ods etc. Obviously problem with LO6 Windows version

So, I ended up basically writing my own decryptor. GitHub - cab404/libreFromGPG: Saves you from LibreOffice GPG encryption.

works only for linux or through cygwin, I think.

That encryption is really a pain in the back. Seriously, that is one of the most stupid things I’ve ever seen in software. You are making “Encrypt with GPG” flag in one of the most visible places, without any “EXPERIMENTAL! THINK TWICE!!11”, and do not provide ANY method of decryption. Meh.

This workaround helped me to decrypt the file on Linux, thanks. It’s a shame that the LO feature does not work for decryption.

I am having the same issue on macOS Mojave with GPGTools installed. No key is the only option available when I open Libreoffice as an Admin user. However, when I execute Libreoffice from terminal as a super user I am able to access the keys… Any ideas?