Organise Macros alphabetically

I have been building a set of macros in LibreWriter. When I go to Edit mode, I can see a list of my macros under Module1 but they are in the order of last saved.

Is there a way to sort the index of Subs in Module 1 alphabetically?

Yes, you can do it manually. (Cut/Paste of the the Subs and Functions into alphabetical order).

If you record your macros, the Macro Recorder always will put the new macro at the end of the code list.
If you wite your macros: you can put the new one to the “appropriate place” in the Module.

tdf#97169 (“macro object catalog items should be sortable”)

Thanks Zizi64, This didn’t work for me but cwolan has indicated it is a registered bug.

as indicated in the bug, “atually the list just follows the same order the macros are written in the BASIC panel”. And that’s true, except you need to reload file (or the application), to re-read the functions are written there.

any idea why it was left WIP ?

“It”? I don’t quite understand that was left WIP, sorry.

Comment 2
Andreas just left “pointers”,
is no more assignee, nor in CC list …

Any blocker to finish ? (still difficultyBeginner)

That bug was prepared to be an easyhack, meaning that developers have evaluated it as suitable for a newbie developer, who comes and looks for something easy to start with; the bug should get respective marking (see keywords, where Andreas had correctly ser difficulty level, but forgot the “easyhack” keyword). And the code pointers are exactly for those easyhackers. So the bug is not WIP, it’s waiting its interested newcomer developer.

Thanks, Yes I can now see it works after a quit applications and restart.

Aiai64,
Yes I have it working now. I followed mikekaganski’s extra advice and quit the application and restarted.