Other font to be used in Basic IDE

Is there a way to use an other font (lettertype) in the Basic IDE environment? With the current font it is difficult to see the difference between 0 (zero) and O (uppercase o), and also the between l (lowercase L) and I (uppercase i). Also I like the ability to change the size of the font.

Regards,
Alexander

Menu Tools / Options / LibreOffice / Fonts: Font Setting for HTML, Basic and SQL Sources

Sorry sokol92, in the Options / LibreOffice / Fonts, the font cannot be changed for the Basic IDE.

What do you mean by Basic IDE? I mean the font for macro texts in the built-in editor.
I am able to change the font and its size on both MS Windows and Ubuntu.

“With the current font it is difficult to see the difference between 0 (zero) and O (uppercase o), and also the between l (lowercase L) and I (uppercase i). Also I like the ability to change the size of the font.”

I am using the DejaVu Sans Mono 14 pts font for the macro programming. (You can set it as it was described by Sokol92 above)

Dear Kovács,

I am using the latest stable version 7.1.6.2 of LibreOffice on my MacBook Air, but I am not able to change the font from Automatic to something else.
See screenshot:

Is Mac a bad environment? Is LibreOffice incomplete for Mac?
Can somebody make this work for me, please?

Kind Regards,
Alexander

I never had Mac. I do not know why not appeared the installed Fonts of the operating system for you in the listbox.

Can you choose fonts in the application listboxes (Calc, Writer)?

Which version of the LibreOffice have you installed?

Yes, I can choose installed Fonts for Calc, Writer, en so on, but not for the Basic Editor.
And as I have written before, I have installed the latest stable version 7.1.6.2 for Mac.

Regards,
Alexander

I just downloaded and installed the PortableApps LO 7.1.6 x64 on my Win10prof x64, and the settings of the IDE fonts works fine for me.

Today I closed the Basic editor and Calc, reopened Calc and the Basic editor, then I opened the Options screen, selected Fonts in LibreOffice, then unmarked ‘Non-proportional fonts only’, then I am able to select an other font. Notice the difference?

1 Like

Thanks for the interesting observation!