Page Break Per Sheet

As far as I can tell using the menubar for View - Normal/Page Break changes the view on all sheets in the workbook. Is there any way to change each sheet individually? I think in excel the page break only hits the active sheet by default unless you manually select to include others or use the select-all option. Is there something similar in calc? Thanks.

Can that help?

Page and printer setup in Calc

https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-GB/text/scalc/main0000.html
Enter “Page break” or “Print” in the search bar.

Calc seems to apply the view to all sheets. There is another “view” that might help:

• Click Window > New Window. You now have two windows of the same spreadsheet.
  • Apply Page Break view to one window but not to the other.

Once you have set up the printing aspects of the sheet I would be inclined to revert to Normal View

1 Like

That is somewhat helpful I guess its as good as its going to get. Doesn’t appear the program can do exactly what excel does. When I scroll thru the sheets there are certain ones I always view in page break view for various reasons while most of them stay in edit mode so I guess I’ll need to learn to toggle so thanks for the tip.

Once Print Preview or Page Break view has been made on a sheet and toggled back to Normal View then dotted lines will show where page breaks are set for the remainder of the session. If column widths are altered the new page breaks are still shown by dotted lines. I assume this is what you mean by learning to toggle.

What I meant was open the second window set it to page break view then when working in the normal window I would need to toggle over to the second window whenever I wanted to see one those specific pages in page break view only. I have “summary pages” that pull data from other sheets and when i switch to them I only want to see them in print range mode for various reasons. It turns out to be too inefficient toggle windows. I did see the persistent print range lines. I came up with what i think is the bet compromise just assign a hotkey to the page break and normal views so I can toggle between views when i get to certain sheets then switch back without opening a second window. Because its not a true toggle function it requires two different shortcuts to “toggle” between the two views . Thanks.

Create those different page styles that you need, and apply the one you need to each sheet.
https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/scalc/01/05070000.html?DbPAR=CALC#bm_id651593596384469

1 Like