Page Count 1 of X vs page 1, 2 ,3

Does anyone know how to add page count to a page. Specifically in this structure 1 of X (x being total number of pages).

Thanks

Insert - Field - Page count.

2 Likes

Hey Floris this does not give me the “1 of X” instead I am just getting the page number (1, 2, 3) not (1 of 2, 2 of 2).

Of course. I expected that you knew how to insert a page number field and didn’t want to insult you. :nerd_face: So: you enter the page number field, “of” and the page count field.

1 Like

hahahah I didnt even think about that - so there is no automatic way to do it.

You only have to enter the two fields and 4 characters once per template then it happens automatically for every document created with the template.

If you don’t use templates then you are happy to do extra work per document. Or, maybe you haven’t looked into them yet but you do want to learn more about timesaving features built into LibreOffice. The Writer Guide is a very useful reference, download from English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides Cheers, Al

@JMarcus
In addtion to @EarnestAl’s comment
You easily could insert page x of y pages (or similar) as an AutoText.
You additionally may add some style (or hard) formating to the characters/paragraph and a border (often used with footers) at the top or bottom…
You need a simple shortcut (like POP) and the fields and textparts are inserted wherever you want to do that.
AutoText is saved locally in user’s office profile (.bau extension). (It could be transferred to another client…)
Cheers

1 Like