Page Orientation Incorrect when trying to print a label

Good morning,

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but I cannot seem to figure this out and did not have any luck searching for a recent topic/question - the results appear to be from versions from a few years back.

I am having trouble with page orientation when printing a label out of LibreOffice (tried Writer and Draw).

The label does print, but the print orientation is either incorrect, or cut off and/or shifted like the orientation is correct but the print text is rotated incorrectly.

This is the 2nd computer I have tried it on.
A test page prints correctly, which seems to me that the printer and driver are working properly.
I built a simple text document in Writer and a simple FontWork text in Draw and played around with the page orientation in the document, in the print dialog and printer properties.
FreeOffice printed correctly (different computer).
I have tried setting the CUPS page sizes as reversed.
I have tried setting the LibreOffice page sizes as reversed.
I tried printing saving as a .PDF and printing - while the document and print preview appear to be find the printout is blank.
Printing out of gLabels 3.4.1-9 works as well, which is a workaround for the time being.

I would say I’m losing my mind, but I fear that ship has sailed. In the meantime, I feel like I am doing something silly, but what am I missing?

Printer is a Zebra LP2824 Plus from the Dark Ages, but hey it still works! Printing (including the Print Preview) appears to be as expected on a normal sized laser printer, but again, a CUPS test page prints a label correctly.
Drive is Zebra ZPL Label Printer

Versions:
LibreOffice
Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 6.9; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.utf8); UI: en-US
24.2.5-1
Calc: threaded

Xfce 4.18 (also tried KDE recently)
GTK 6.9.9-1-MANJARO
CUPS 2.4.10

Attaching a screenshot which shows two print previews (Writer and Draw) along with setting the print orientation or leaving it on automatic.

See if Regina’s answer helps, Unable to change print paper size to print labels - #3 by Regina

Otherwise, report a bug, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki
There is an existing bug for Zebra label printer that you could add to as it shown as insufficient information, Bug 134340 - Wrong orientation in print preview of printer dialog for label printer

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. No such luck with the solution, so I will look into existing bugs. Closest I found was this one: 154959 – Brother QL500 / QL570 / QL700 label printers no longer rotate to landscape (Arch / Manjaro) which had the same symptoms but with a different printer.

-Matt

1 Like