Paper size limit doesnt appear without grid line libreoffice calc

Sep 18, 2021
Hello

i upgraded to the last update of libreoffice 7.2.1.2 in mint 19.3 32-bit (old laptop)
there is no line limit of the paper size without grid line. in some document grid doesn’t appear when i press view grid lines. it was working previously and i don’t know if it is the new rc update bug? issue
it was working well, i started libreoffice in safe mode and reseted it and nothing
i change the theme and nothing

only i can see with a new calc document when i view page layout and presents the page size limit. it is very important for me to see paper size limit with or without grid lines.

it is the same for new blank or old file, when i view grid lines the page size is there buth when i dont want to see grid lines, doesn’t appear. in the previous versions with or without view grid lines the paper size line appeared.

Version: 7.2.1.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.0; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.2.1~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo3
Calc: threaded

In 7.2.0.4 on Windows 10 20H2, I don’t see the breaks with the grid turned off. It might have been a deliberate change but you could file a bug report if it is important to you.
In the meantime, you could use View > Page break along with turning off the grid to show the breaks. Cheers, Al

I preffer the View Grid Lines but maybe is a bug with the new version installed from the update list. perhaps they will fix it in other future version (a month or more).

Probably they won’t if you don’t tell them

now is posted in bug list, bugzilla bugs.documentfoundation.org with id [144605] and maybe they will fix it.

1 Like

Please either use the full URL to directly link to the bug or you can type the short form tdf#144605 that automatically generates a link. Anyway, thanks for reporting.

new update appears today (september 30) Libreoffice 7.2.1.2 (not the previous release candidate or RC version) and the problem persist.
there is no fixed yet.

new libreoffice update release and the problem persist, its not fixed yet.