Paragraph spacing not showing in preview

I have a paragraph defined Heading 2 with the spacing defined as:
Above: 0.04"
Below: 0.30"

But when I look at Print Preview there is a large space above the Chapter (Heading 2) paragraph. See attached screenshots of the paragraph spacing and the page preview.

I’ve attached my document. I’m using Windows 10 and LibreOffice v6.1.2.1 (x64)

Through suggestions I removed the header on the Heading 1 (Chapter numbering), changed Heading 1’s paragraph spacing and now my print preview is coinciding with how the paragraph is defined.

New Question:

Do I have to delete this whole question so I can ask my new question of how to get Heading 2 in a header?
here is my newest updated file:

test A Guide for Listening and Inner-Healing-copy for upload.odt

I tried to go by this answered question but it doesn’t work.

How can I put a running Heading 2 in a header

There is no heading in this page? Or what is the upper margin in this page? In the edit screen it can be seen the text border line.

The top margins for the document is 0.5" however you can see on the previous page that space is not there.

There is a header that I really don’t want in there. It has no information and the height is defined as 0.04"

See the Text Flow tab in the Heading 2 paragraph style: Insert, Page, Before, With page style: are marked?

Yes, they are both checked

What page style is selected in With page style:? You would need to modify it to adjust margins, or select a different style.

ChapterFirst (a custom page style)

I have changed it to other page styles, for example, I changed it to right page because all of my right pages have very little to spacing but I’m still getting a big top space between the top of the page and the first line of text (Chapter x defined as Heading 2)

@JUSTROB, Would you share a copy of the file? Edit your question and use the paper clip to upload the file.

Also share your operating system and version of LibreOffice (see menu Help - About LibreOffice).

Thanks.

Your top margin is 0.5" in Firstpage Leftpage page style. Otherwise, spacing above is as specified in your Heading 2 paragraph style. Everything is as specified.

If this does not fit your expectation, review your styles. In particular, you have a real mess in your document outline (Heading n are not used as intended; e.g. “Capitulo tres” (chapter numbering) is Heading 2 as expected in this position of the book but “O poço …” chapter heading supposed to correspond to chapter numbering) is Heading 1 but you removed this style from outline!

This results in an unusable navigator Headings section.

I rearranged my document and now I just want to be able to put Heading 2 into my right page header. I am following this link but it is not working:

link text

I’m attaching the new updated document in my original post because I can’t ask a new question for some reason.

Don’t apply the “recipe” in the link. It covers a case different from yours, at least for the present state of your book.

Uggggggg ~ Do I have to delete this whole question so I can ask my new question of how to get Heading 2 in a header?

You can ask as many questions as you like. Just press the Ask your question button.

The only limit on this site is due to the “Question & Answers” principle. A user can answer only once to a question. However, this same user can edit his question to improve it.

Maybe you tried to add another answer, but you already used your token.

Remember, this is not a forum. There is nothing like a conversation (except the comment ersatz). This is done intentionally: a question, a set of independent self-sufficient ready-to-use answers. Answers should be usable without the need to read a full conversation and understand how it converged to the solution.

Solved:

Through suggestions I removed the header on the Heading 1 (Chapter numbering), changed Heading 1’s paragraph spacing and now my print preview is coinciding with how the paragraph is defined.