Paste in calc as plain text

For some reason, when I paste something into Cal 5, wrap text and some oddball font are used. I tried setting up Paste-Values only but that doesn’t do it. What are my options?

The ‘Copy’ process is far more complicated than you think: it normally copies very much more than just the text.

The other half of the process (‘Paste’) with LO gives options to paste just one of the MIME types. In addition, you are dealing with 2 completely different Apps (1 to Copy, and LO to Paste).

Thus, to do a live example (Chrome 48.0.2564.116 to copy + LO-5.0.0.5 to paste, all under debian-8.3 (jessie)):

1. Use Copy (Ctrl-Insert, 'cos I’m awkward) of your 1st sentence in the Question
  2. Paste (Shift-Insert) into cell A1 of Calc (full defaults accepted; seems to work well)
  3. Paste-Special (Ctrl-Shift-V) offers 2 MIME:

a. Unformatted text (text/plain)

b. HTML (text/html)

When you do ordinary Paste (Ctrl-V) it typically chooses the top MIME (as shown under Paste-Special). Thus, for me, that was uneventful. If Copy had placed HTML as the top-MIME then I could have had a similar experience to your own. If you are having experiences of this kind then use Paste-Special (it is under the Edit menu) and choose plain-text.

Hi

If you paste in a cell (not a range) a faster way than the paste special: instead of clicking on the cell before pasting, Double-Click the cell then paste (e.g. Ctrl+V)

Regards