PDF Forms created with libreoffice will not display correctly in Adobe Reader

hello everyone. i have a strange problem: i want to create a pdf form with libreoffice. the problem i will describe only occurs in adobe reader, not in other pdf readers such as foxit, apple preview or evince. the forms are pretty small (0.5 cm high with times new roman, 9pt). in adope reader, what you type into the fields is not centered as in the others, but only half of the letters are viewable, it is cut in half. it seems that it is conversed to times new roman postscript, and if i change it with adobe products to normal times new roman, the problem will no longer occur. i dont know if that is a part of the solution. since i want my coworkers to be able to work on the form with libreoffice, i would prefer a solution with libreoffice. does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Only a guess - among the “Export as PDF” options, there’s “Embed standard fonts”. Does it help activating this option?

no - sorry, i have already tried it, but it did not work. unfortunately, i cannot - for sake of “it should fit to one page” - make the fields bigger.

I have the same problem in OSX 10.9.2 with Libre Office 4.1.5.3.
The problem is also that the file doesn’t get that Adobe icon in Finder and elsewhere.

There seem to be some issues with multi-line “plain” text boxes. If your text box shouldn’t support multi-line input, try to set the “Text Type” property to “Single Line”. Alternatively, it may help to replace the standard text box by a “Formatted Field”.

EDIT:

The button to insert a “formatted Field” (with german l10n: “Formatiertes Feld”) is next to the “Text Box” ("Textfeld") button. In the following screenshot, it’s the third button in the second row.

Thank you very much, and I am sorry that i could not read your answer for 10 days. The single line does not help, and I can’t figure out what formatted field might mean in my german libreoffice version, do you have an idea?

@aeronaut: I’ve added a screenshot.

Hi @aeronaut,

If installing the latest release doesn’t seem to fix this problem, please file a bug and provide a list of steps that can reproduce your problem. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue!

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!