Populate Drop Down Table

I have many drop downs in my system. When an item is not in the table it iskeyed in manually. Is there a way to include that missing keyed in entry into the table when it is entered on the form?

You can manage your entries for the drop-downs in a separate table. So you need to enter a term only once.
But I do not know the individual steps by heart.

I have them in separate tables but it seems the tables cannot be updated when an entry is made on the form screen, only from a separate table which I have. Thanks

Hello,

“Dropdowns” may be either a list or combo box. There are differences but you question seems to be of Combo Boxes.

There is no automated process for this. It can be done with a macro but that needs specific information from the Base file - control names; table names; field names; form names, etc.

This can also lead to many problems. If, for example, an item was entered but was not correctly spelled, it would be added. Do this many times and you have many unnecessary entries. It also prohibits using SQL since a single item may actually be many different items.

Thanks and your right it is about Combo box.