Possible problem

downloaded the latest update, I am not sure if windows created the problem or if a bug did, but; first download the exe file was missing, so I downloaded the entire file again and reloaded it, same problem, so I attempted to repair the file, windows shut down the entire thing and deleted the downloads?? including the Libre Office files, I found that interesting, so I downloaded the entire thing again, this time it all worked, even trying to access the working program was frustrated by windows until I deleted windows notebook. As this program kept stopping me from opening Libre and open it’s own file program instead, I have absolutely no idea what was going on.

The file that you download to install LibreOffice in Windows is the exe. But you can configure Windows file Explorer to heide that extension so that you don’t notice that.
I have heard that there are problems installing LibreOffice in Windows, but I haven’t worked with Windows for some years so I can’t confirm that.
To open your files with LibreOffice instead of a standard Windows app, you have to modify the list of Default apps to open files with certain extensions. You can set LibreOffice as the default app to open all ODF files, like .odt, ods, etc., and MSO to open .docx, .xslx, etc., if you have both on your computer. You don’t have to uninstall any software to do that.
BTW, try to describe your actual problem in the title bar.

1 Like

In addition to @anon87010807 ,

Assign files to LibreOffice

1 Like