Possible take over of content I have created on my private machine - please help!

Hi,

I have, since 2015, had issues with constant intrusion on my machines and phones, mainly due to my dad, who permits people to impersonate me, so that I did now know this, because he has been using my name in vain, in secret, since the 90s. Partly due to this, I got a remote admin on my Windows machines and the battle with this freek, forced me to move to Linux and LibreOffce, which I have enjoyed. So it is not all bad.

Now, as I tried to modify a LibreOffice Impress-presentation, I have created, a text field could not be removed; and I cannot understand why? This has never happened before? I could delete everything else, but this text box that contains my person numbers, could not become deleted. Are there some sort of “user levels” and locked content? Is this a sign of an intruder trying to own my work? Is this a built in feature that text fields can become locked?

Due to this, I looked at options and security and I can see the "Protected by master password (recommended) greyed out an checked? The machine is my private and all I create my own, so I have not wanted to set passwords, in every possible place I can. Still, due to my dad, I have intruders, who try to find ways to own, what is on my machines and phones, by setting password, to make it seem the real person is less privileged, tied to what he owns. It is not entirely impossible that I set the password, but still, I usual make notes, if I do; and in this case lack of notes, suggest I did not.

What does a greyed out and checked option, tied to Master Password suggest? I tried to use one of the basic guides for resetting the password, which involved moving the configurations to have the LibreOffice recreate the structures, but this did not work. I.e. the odd setup, with this option greyed out and then the checkbox checked remained.

I have had someone modifying documents, I have created on this machine, so I know someone is illegally on my machine and can edit text. Still, it is very serious, if the hacker now is able to somehow “own my work”, because I am planning to start a business, based on creative works on my machine; and I know, from experience, that I cannot have a criminal try to lock content, I have created, just because repair people help hackers gain illegal access, to other peoples’ private machines, which is the case, with this machine and all my other machines more or less.

I recently tried to move to Mac, but the native email was sabotaged immediately, so this is about rigging machines and account to make me look wrong. I.e. hard core professional hacker work to make wrong seem right. Still, as I start a business, the stuff I create, can not seem “not mine” and right now, if the hacker, on my machine, has managed to lock content, that ties to a serious attempt to make serous business and consists of my creations, this is very serious.

Please advice!
Br,
Kim

Quite confusing to follow as English doesn’t seem to be your native language.
You tagged base which, on this site, means you have a problem with LO interfacing databases. Since this looks like an issue with using a computer in an “untrusted” (?) environment, you should have tagged common. So, please, retag.
Also when asking here, always mention OS name, LO version and when applicable the format you save your documents in.

Thanks for getting back this quickly! I have now changed the tag to common. I would have used a security as a tag, if there would have been such a tag, because I suppose that would have been most appropriate. Again, sorry for putting this in the wrong place. Not sure if it is relevant, but I am Swedish speaking Finn, so my main languages are Swedish and Finnish. I have not had issues with getting by with English, so far. The fact that I posted in the wrong place, has nothing to do with trouble to understand. I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, the LO-version is 6.4.6.2 and the Impress file seems to be odp, spreadsheet ods and writer files odt. I have not wanted to update the system a lot, because the persons that have been trying to remote admin me, have jobs in IT support, as IT admins etc.; and this makes taking updates risky. Generally, these idiot pull all kinds of of man-in-the-middle, DoS and other hacker attacks, to try to create the impression that the saboteur owns; and I have, due to this, been alone for 5+ years. That is, these idiots e.g. sabotage online dating, to try to tie the girls I approach, to their means of payment; and if this does not work, just hinder me from meeting interested women. Job interviews, if using tools like zoom and Teams, has been another thing hindered and clearly for reasons. The policy of not taking updates has worked well and I only really use the browser and LO and well a few other things, so I do not need the latest of anything. I do have Windows and Mac machines as well, but at least, but then these are also under attack and Linux has felt the safest. The most severe issue I have faced related to an MS Partners worker I gave access to my machine in 2019, so that he, since then, has used remote admin trickery, to try to create the impression that he is on my machines and in my flats and I am not. Anyways, the questions I have are pretty simple. Can there be some access levels in LO, i.e. someone being more privileged, so that some content, in a presentation, can be restricted, or is this now an idiot that can hinder the mouse and keyboard from functioning, so that the selecting of text box fails? In this case, the idiot on my machine, possibly hinders me from deleting a text box, with my person number in it, because this is about finding ways to say the person hacking, is more entitled to my ID; and ties to attempted theft of BankID, by stealing mail from a financial institution, in Sweden, where I lived for a year. Then this business with Master Password, is another thing, which I would need to understand, to see is there someone now trying to say he or she owns what is mine? I have not wanted to use passwords on my private machine, which should be used by only me, but then, due to my dad being rotten, I have hackers, who try to put locks on things on my private machines. I want to reset the Master Password in LO or remove it. Why does this option seem to be checked and greyed out?

You didn’t change the tag. I forced impress because this seems the most appropriate.

An impress presentation has two layers:

• master slide
  • specific slide overlay

Master slide contents is displayed in the background of any slide based on it. Added contents goes into the overlay layer.

Your “undeletable” text box may be located in the master slide. To change or delete it, you must first switch to master mode. so that your modifications will be applied to the master slide.

Ok, very interesting. I thought I changed the tag and you say I did not and now I do not know where the option to do so is. Still, I suppose, impress is fine, as a tag; and well I will need to pay more attention tied to setting up my next post here, if there is need to ask more advice later. So, it seems your advice worked, so that I was able to delete the text box. Still, exactly how and why this worked, remains a bit unclear. Still, the main thing I suppose is that I found a way to get this change done. The other thing, which I suppose I would still need to understand is what does the greyed out “Protected by master password (recommended)” mean? Is there now a master password set and, if so, how can it become reseted? I tried to look up related advice tied to the Security options, but did not really find any or perhaps I was not looking well enough. Still, if there is someone able to say what the greyed out selection suggests, this would help me with securing all I have created and still am to create with LibreOffice thanks!

So, I found out that I can set a master password, so it suggests no such has been set although the option are a bit off. More importantly, there are no passwords set for my content and this was the most important thing. So, nothing suggest the fool who can or glitch that can color my documents could apply passwords to documents and that was the main reason for my concerns. so I need no further assistance.

It seems you are heavily confused by computers, do something with wood instead.

No, seriously, if someone was messing around on your machine there’s only one way out: wipe everything from disk including the operating system and install everything new from scratch from reliable media or sources. Do not restore backups as you don’t know what they might contain.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! So, I have tried this approach, but it has not really ever worked. My machines have, since august 2015, been “online”, featuring illegal users on them, although I have not connected them to networks; and tied to this, machines, which have been sabotaged, for a longer period of time, see someone having been able to hinder the machine from enabling WLAN and at the same time these machine then no longer been visible in the accounts pages. Therefore, whatever this is, it is sophisticated; and likely ties to machine images and attempts to “rebind” my authenticators in relation to such images. Likely, whoever does this, tries to get ties to the machine images, I have been using. My guess is, that this is somehow tied to a tampered bios, because resetting the OS, has not really ever helped. This does not explain why people have been able to access my machine, although I have made sure, these are absolutely not connected to a network. So, some sort of rigged BIOS and tied to chip that is “corporate gear”, as corporate machine an be online, without the person using it knowing. Putting corporate chips on private machines, is illegal, still it is very hard to deal with such matters, as non-professional, in relation to machine repair. Again, well working machines, have been DoS-attacked, to the extent that the network cards have overheated and broken. Then, at the repair shop, the machines are rigged, like the previous and as we have very few such shops and all guys there seem to know each other, get one to mess with your machines and ooon you have no clean computers. Again, the guy like doing this, worked at one such repair shop, which has sabotaged many of my machines; and at least was selling this type of corporate gear that could permit illegal access on private machines; and has also shown that he is illegally on his son’s machine, with his mobile phone. So, I do believe I have and idea, who is doing this, how and why. One motive for this, could be that digital signatures and the logs that are showing in banks, as you use on-line banks, are strongly “validated”, by things such as IP, Mac etc. of machine used. So, by forcing the real person, to seem wrong, in relation to such machine ID, you have been communicating in the past, by means of sabotage, such as DoS attacks, is what this seems to features, to make the wrong person right, if trying to find a logic. Then, the objective, seems to be a “man-in-the-middle” scenario, where these freks try to have all my communication online “routed” via the exploiting source. Again, for example, my emails are increasing “fake”, or suggest, they are coming “via” bogus sources; and this evolvement of emails becoming increasingly more fake, has been taking place over 5+ years, so this seems to be about someone trying to become front, tied to me and my ID in the internet; and so that I, as said, do believe I know this guy. My dad breaks my phone end of 2016 and later I see that it tried to how he use this, to try to give the wrong guy(s) my private accounts. So, this is why stuff, like this, can be pulled on me. My parents, do not mind. Sadly, because it is sort of something people who should care for me, let happen, the idiots doing this sabotage, will hinder important things from being possible, on machines; and e.g. online dating has not been possible or sees the hacker try to associate his payment means to women I pursue, but I get no help. Then, proper applying for work has also been hindered for 5+ years and if I get work the work machines are not really working any better than my private, but it is hard complain really, because the patterns of abuse take years to see and then it is very hard to prove that this is what is happening. So, this idiot or these idiots, try to become “fronts”, tied to me online; and when everything is moving online and there is less f2f service, an attempt to live another person’s life, or at least to hinder me from living mine.

So, I found out the things I need to, so I suppose I am good for now. Thanks for the advice.