Preserving conditional formatting results when pasting outside of libreoffice

I have a file formatted (Attached to this post, specifically I am interested just in columns A and B)
dlamari_carta_revisada5.ods (51.9 KB)
with conditional formatting rules. If I copy paste to the outside of Libreoffice (web, wordpress), format (background colors) are lost.
If I do manual formatting (just changing the background color of the cells), and then I copy paste and I do the same (copy pasting to the web), then the format is conserved into the web.
Is there a way I can copy the text with its conditional formatting?
Maybe I can convert conditional formatting into plain fixed formatting?

thanks!

You can export as PDF without problem.
You can also do File > Export and choose file type XHTML

2 Likes

In the given case the pdf will know the colors set due to ConditionalFormatting, but, starting with row 35 also the nonsense zeros produced by a useless formula, and for the view of the sheet suppressed by a bad (dangerous) setting, not to show zero values.
Never disable >Tools>Options>LibreOffice Calc>View>>Display>>>Zero values !t’s evil.
Sheets designed following the “every other row” idea will always come with problems. In the given case a patch like using the formula =IF(C4="";"";C4) in row number 4, and filling it down then would help. Since your condition for BGWHITE compares to a string in place of the value, you wouldn’t get white cells then …

Merged cells also are evil.

BTW Concerning the “Never disable”: If you want to keep the simpler uncinditional formula, you can define a NumberFormat suppressing the special zeroes for the BGWHITE style. This way the cell won’t show a zero in the exported pdf.

The NumberFormat code would be General;-General;""

What is the “outside LibreOffice” you are talking of? (Pasting into a Writer document also wouldn’t set colors based on CF!)

See also: tdf#96597

1 Like

Try the following trick.
Select File / Save as or Save a copy …, File type: HTML Document (Calc). You will get a file with a .html extension, for example dlamari_carta_revisada5.html. Next, open a new file in Calc - the conditional formatting will be replaced with the real one! You can also open a new file directly in your browser.

1 Like

Thanks @Lupp !

I found both amusing and very pertinent your comments about evilness. You should make a guide of “how not to be evil using spreadsheets” or something like that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So, I followed your advice and exorcised the evilness from my spreadsheet (let it display zero values (I used your patch formula =IF(C4="";"";C4) ) and splitted cells back,), cleared all formatting and made new conditional formatting rules. And voila, everything works. I just copy paste into my Wordpress (with divi theme, that’s the “outside LibreOffice” I am talking about), and formatting is pasted OK (although not always, so I wonder what’s happening there, but it’s working most of the time, it could also be a divi/wordpress/firefox issue.
So, this was certainly not an obvious solution, so thanks a lot!!! and congrats for your expertise.
You can check the result here:
https://www.dlamari.cl/menu

thanks @sokol92 !
this is a great workaround, but the main problem, as pointed out by @Lupp was the evilness within the spreadsheet, now that the spreadsheet is exorcised, everything works good again.

thanks @EarnestAl !
This could be a workaround, but @Lupp helped me clean up the spreadsheet and now it’s cleaned I don’t really need a workaround.

Check empanadas fritas. A wee little demon tries his bad there.
:wink:

Glad to have helped.
Frustrated to not be able to visit your restaurant. No road to Santiago from MĂĽnchen.

2 Likes

thanks!
fixed the demon mischief.

It’s not exactly Santiago (Santiago has no coast) but, almost as near as you can be to Santiago while staying in the coast.

:grin: