Set-up environment context: I am running
- Linux Mint 17.3 64-bit
- The document mentioned below is a collection of 26 ODT chapter files congregated into an ODM file. All files are created from the same template file.
- The behavior described below holds true whether the LO version is 4.2.x or 5.1.x
I have created the camera-ready copy of a 6-inch by 9-inch book in LO Writer. The page styles within the template file are all clearly set to 6x9, and this is how Writer displays the document in WYSIWYG. However, on the print menu, Writer overrides the set page size with C5 Envelope size (6.375 inches by 9.01 inches), showing this size in the print dialog’s preview. This is true no matter which installed printer I use (the main one is an HP LJ 4250). This frustrating behavior holds true even if I print to PDF (using a CUPS PDF printer) or if I export to PDF.
Within Printer Profiles, the page size option is grayed out and unavailable.
I have tried several different fixes, including:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling LO
- Updating to the latest version of LO
- Booting from a clean USB stick using Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
- Reinstalling various printer drivers
- Checking the entire “chain” of hardware (switch, cables, etc.) between the laptop and printer – even swapped out the printer’s JetDirect 600N card for another one
- Printing 6x9 pages (newly created) from various other computers in the house and attempting to print from those machines (all LM 17.3, except for one Ubuntu 14.04 machine which does duty as our music server)
- Creating from scratch a new version of the template file and its page styles.
The results never vary – Writer always overrides the 6x9-inch size with C5.
Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.