Problem with Adjusting Column Width on a Protected Sheet in Calc

Hello. I am using Calc Version: 7.5.8.2 (X86_64) on a Windows 11 desktop.

I must protect all the cells of a spreadsheet before I send it to another user.
However, that user must also be able to adjust the column width to fit his monitor.

Is there no way to do this?

THANKS!

Hallo

There is a »zoom-slider« on the Statusbar below on the right side, does it help?

Thanks for the suggestion, @karolus . Unfortunately, that won’t work… it only adjusts the size of the font. The user may need to reveal more data in the column, depending on his needs.

NO … it adjusts anything on the grid,

Then I am doing something wrong.

When I move the slider button to the right (bottom right corner), it does not increase the column width (for example, from 5" to 6"). All it does is increase the display font.

Do you know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

NO!
zoom85

zoom120

Evidently, I am not explaining the problem correctly.
I need for the user to be able to adjust the column WIDTH of a protected sheet.
Please see the following “before” picture. Notice that the complete IP address is not displayed because the column width is too narrow.

Therefore, I need to be able to increase the column width to display the complete IP address (as shown in the “after” picture below).

Your initial question was:

so… why do YOU NOT set: ⇒ Columns ⇒ Optimal Width before you protect the sheet and send to …??

1 Like

Ah! I did not know that was an option. When you right-click the column and select Column Width, that is not displayed as an option.
But I did find it on the drop-down menu. That option may work. Thanks!

False!
optimal_width

That window is displayed BEFORE clicking on Column Width, and I didn’t know to look for that option. To me, it would make more logical sense for the “Optimal Width” option to be located UNDER the “Column Width” option… because optimal width is an attribute of column width. So, I’m sorry that I did not notice it before posting my question.
But it doesn’t matter now… I’ve found it. Thank you for the assistance.