Problem with SQL command and remote database

Hi all
I created a database in Libre office base, then I created wildcard search form. Everything works perfectly. Then I created the same database with the same tables on a remote server and the same forms. I connected Libre Base to the database with direct connection and the moment I pressed the button to do the wildcard search libre base crashes every time. Then I connected the base with ODBC and later JDBC, the result is that nothing happens when I press the search button, or maybe refreshes the subform i no I do not know, but the search does not work. Do you have any idea why it can work on the embedded base and not work with the remote MySQL data base ?

OS - Windows 10 pro
Libre Office Version: (x64)
Database client version: libmysql - 5.6.43
I contacted the base with MYSQL(ODBC) - MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver
And - mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar
When I choose from the menu to connect to an existing database and select MySQL and after this “connect using JDBC” i get this error “The server time zone value ‘EEST’ is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.”
Тhat’s why I tried to choose JDBC from the menu “connect to an existing database”.
When i connect remotely I have no problem with the data everything works fine. I can execute a wildcard query outside of the form.


Need more information. What OS? What specific LibreOffice version are you using? What version of MySQL are you connecting to? What connector(s) are you using (versions)? When connected remotely are you getting data? Can you execute a simple query? Can you execute a wildcard query outside of the form?

Please respond with comment or edit your question with additional information. Please do not use an answer as this is for answering the question.

Also, SQL can be different in different databases (HSQLDB embedded is very old). Posting the SQL you are using may help.

Thanks for the comments. I added additional information to the question.


Don’t have a remote connection for MySQL currently. Have done so in past.

Did in past using Linux. Preferred JDBC. Most connectors seemed to work. Occasionally v8.x caused a problem and switching to v5.1.x seemed to correct the problem.

For connection string (with timezone) see my answer in this post → Base - Connect MySQL JDBC TimeZone error

As for the SQL not working, if it works outside of the form, it should certainly work from the form. The form should be nothing more than a method to add the specifics for the SQL completion. The SQL should be running outside of the form regardless (unless of course this is done through a macro).

Again, with continuing problems the SQL you are using may help.

With the JDBC connector (v8.x or 5.1.x) verify the advanced settings. These are from main Base menu Edit->Database->Advanced settings...: