Problem with Vlookup command in spreadsheet of LibreOffice_4.2.4 (Windows 7)

• Vlookup command is not properly work for data compilation/filtration.
• Vlookup command applied file is taking too much time while opening.
• While trying to apply Vlookup command in big size file (Above 10 MB), system/liber office got hanged.
• In Big Size file while fetching the data if relevant details are available in main sheet but in vlookup Colum it is showing N/A.

trying to apply Vlookup command in big size file (Above 10 MB), system/liber office got hanged.

How many rows in the spreadsheet is the VLOOKUP() function being applied to? There is a bug report (fdo#65869) indicating that for very large numbers of rows the performance degrades to the point where the application appears to hang. If you can provide any testing to assist with this bug report it would be welcome.

There is also a report of a crash (fdo#57567) using the VLOOKUP() function via the wizard when selecting the array file.

Hi @Oweng, seems to me it could be the same issue that I have reported in bug fdo#79892, where there is sample test file with Vlookup() searching in text lists, this doesn’t happen searching in numerical lists. By now unconfirmed, please could you review it?.

@mariosv, I have provided further test results in the bug. Not sure it is confirmation. It is worth noting though that under v4.2 and v4.3 the OpenCL Formula feature can make a huge difference in performance.

@Oweng, thanks for review, I think there is a performance regression with list of text data. For the Attachment 100922 [3.6.7.2:A <9 sec; 4.1.6.2:B ~52 sec; 4.2.5.2:C ~29 sec (<1 sec OCL); 4.3.0.2: D ~46 sec (<1 sec OCL)], in the best case triple time, I’m agree, really fast with OpenCL, the problem at least for me it’s that it hangs with complex spreadsheets. I’ll try to do a compilation table, with all results, to show better the issue.