Problems connecting mariadb to base

Hi there,

I’m trying to connect a newly created mariadb database to base so I can administrate a company database. I’ve created the database and named it ‘gufdatabase’. I can connect it to dbeaver with no problem so I think I’ve set it up correctly. When I try to connect to base the problems begin. Here are the steps I’ve done so far. I’ve also downloaded the latest version of the Java connector and set it up in the advanced settings in Libre Office.

On the select database page, I’ve selected ‘connect to an existing database’ and selected ‘MySQL’ from the drop-down menu.

On the set up MySQL connection page I’ve selected ‘connect using JDBC’ option’.

On the Set up JDBC connection page I typed or selected the following:
Database name: gufdatabase (the name of the database that I created and can view in dbeaver)
Server: localhost
Port number: 3306

The MySQL JDBC driver class box contains the following:
‘org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver’
When I click the ‘test class’ button I get a dialogue box saying

‘The JDBC driver was loaded successfully’

On the Set up user authentication page the test fails with both with or without the password I set up for the database. (This is the password that works in dbeaver). I’ve stated the username as ‘root’.

If I finish the wizard and create a .odb in base this also fails to connect to the mariadb database. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Hello,
Tested using:

Version: 7.4.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 1048a8393ae2eeec98dff31b5c133c5f1d08b890
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

on Ubuntu 20.04 with MySQL 8.0.31 and all connected without issue

You do not mention your LO version.
You can try instead of:

use:

‘connect to an existing database’ and selected ‘JDBC’ from the drop-down menu.

What is the error, which is thrown by connecting to the special database?
You could connect through JDBC, seems working.
You should have a username and a password, which is defined for the database. Do you really use ‘root’ as the username?
Screenshot of the message, which appears, will help here.

Hi RobertG,

With some fiddling about and connecting through JDBC I’ve got it working. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond so quickly.

Regards,

Mike

guflogo.jpg

Hi Ratslinger,

With some fiddling about and connecting through JDBC I’ve got it working. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond so quickly.

Regards,

Mike

guflogo.jpg