Progressively refined cataloging system with sample dataset and keyword/search field to speed up data entry. Is this possible?

I would like to create a progressively refined cataloging system in Libreoffice Base with 5 classification tiers that includes a sample dataset and a keyword field to speed up data entry. The sample dataset would include the most common entries for each tier and would be used by the keyword field to place the keyword in the correct tier and autopopulate the tiers above. For example, if I were to enter “Pearlware” into the keyword field, it would know that it belongs in Tier 4 and would autopopulate Tier 3 with “earthenware”, Tier 2 with “ceramic” and Tier 1 with “Kitchen”…is this possible and if so, how might I go about it?

Tier 1 Kitchen

Tier 2 ceramic

Tier 3 earthenware

Tier 4 Pearlware

Tier 5 blue, hand painted

Hello,

Having a difficult time understanding what and why you are doing some things.

The sample dataset would include the most common entries

But what if it is not in the data set? And just what is this data set?

would be used by the keyword field to place the keyword in the correct tier

Not quite sure what this means but by “correct tier” are you referring to a field in the record?

And why worry at all about autopopulate? Based upon your statement, if it is in Tier 4 then it is always also in 1, 2 and 3. Why not just store as a Tier number? A list box can relate a number to a word.

Please help by providing more information and/or a sample. Either edit the question or use add a comment but please do not use an Answer as this is to answer the question.